Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My sugar glider won't eat instant hpw or veggies
Food, Diet
Jan 27 2015
10:32:17 AM
My sugar gliders won't eat anything out a small amount of pellets and apples but that's all they want, I tried offering veggies and hpw both with and without veggies in it then with their favorite fruit in it (apples) but they won't eat it :-/ what do I do?
Food, Diet
Jan 27 2015
10:59:31 AM
rustypossumfart Face Hugger Visit rustypossumfart's Photo Album USA 459 Posts
How long have you've been offering this food?

Gliders can take a while to adjust to changes. Just keep offering it at first with the pellets and apples, then gradually reduce the amount of pellets.

If after a week or so they are still not touching it, or eating any of it, change to a different diet, again give it time for them to adjust to it.

Sometimes it takes a few tries of different things until you find what it is that they like, just because they don't touch it the first few nights doesn't mean they don't like it, it is just something different they've never had before. Also, variety is key, try to offer the fruits and veggies presented differently, cut in different shapes, put in different places (hide some, put them in treat cups), etc; sometimes that can make a huge difference.
Food, Diet
Jan 27 2015
12:26:58 PM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
We have a similar problem wit ha foster glider we are watching. she won't touch anything we offer but the apple or some baby food with Hpw powder mixed in. then she not eating a lot. I am going to try pureeing her food tonight and see if she eat it then.
Food, Diet
Jan 27 2015
10:21:21 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
My gliders came from Pocket Pets, and they were raised on apples and Glider Chow. Now they are eating Instant HPW and frozen mixed vegetables, but they still love their apples. Two of my babies won't touch the frozen carrots out of the mix, but they do eat plain steamed carrots.
Food, Diet
Jan 28 2015
12:46:52 PM
tsugie Super Glider Visit tsugie's Photo Album 370 Posts
I would switch from the Instant.
Nothing instant is good long-term.

You can buy the Wombaroo powder (to make the real OHPW) from The Pampered Glider.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders