Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
cage
cage
Question
Jan 27 2015
07:08:17 PM
Hey guys I got the exotic nutrition Brisbane cage and I was wondering what would be the best thing to put under the whole thing for easy cleaning. I was thinking one of those clear computer chair mats. Just seeing what you guys think or use hope to hear from someone thank you
Question
Jan 27 2015
10:12:16 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I don't have anything under my Brisbane cages. Nothing falls on the floor, probably because I have wrapped 12 inches of fleece around the bottom of my cages. I thought it best if my dogs couldn't get too close to my baby's tails!
Question
Jan 28 2015
09:24:35 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
There usually is quite a radius of debris each morning. Some people wrap the cage as jdching said. I've noticed that the wheel can throw quite a bit of debris as well. I use a vinyl shower curtain on the wall behind the cage, hung with command hooks. Thankfully I have tile floors and am able to wipe under and around the cage every day or so. I think the mat your talking about would work well. Maybe a remnant piece of linoleum from a flooring store? If it extends about 2 feet from the cage you should be in shape for easy cleaning.
Question
Jan 29 2015
05:00:21 AM
littlez4k Glider Visit littlez4k's Photo Album 57 Posts
Yea that's what I was thinking thanks for the help guys. Might try the shower curtain idea. Thanks again
Question
Jan 29 2015
08:19:50 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I have one similar to yours, only the Tall Sturdy. I use a twin size sheet and clip it to the top (I have a drop pan from the girls original cage I leave on top to help store their stuff). The sheet wraps around sides and back and will help protect the walls, however the floor, not so much.

Currently I use a little broom/dust pan and just sweep as it sits on hard wood. In the past when the cage sat on carpet, I used the little mini vac (hand held type) and just did quick pick ups as needed.

On cage cleaning day, I pulls stuff out from under the cage (also store some of their stuff), and clean all the way back to the wall. I do try to keep their food served near the front of the cage and towards the side where it's easier to reach the floor, to help reduce the mess farther back. Sometimes, they're just messier than others, and clean up time varies accordingly, lol.
cage

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
cage