Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Introducing two male gliders
Question
Feb 15 2015
08:24:35 PM
I have had a male and a female glider bonded pair that were together for about 4 years. Recently my female died of an unknown cause. My male has bonded to me well and has been doing fine. I was at the pet store the other day and what they told me was a female sugar glider was in a cage placed by two large macaws. It was shaking and had a old bonding pouch for a bed and one wheel. The people at the pet store did not know a lot since it was a rescue only that it was young. When I got it home and the glider was more curious and comfortable I noticed it was a male. I was not intending on having a male but I could bring him back to the pet store. I want to know how possible it is to bond the two male gliders. My older male is neutered and the young one is not. I have them in different cages close to each other and switch bed and toys to get used to the sent. I was just curious to see if there is anything I can do to make this work or if its even a possibility.
Information
Feb 15 2015
10:48:59 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
It would probably be best to have the younger one neutered before doing introductions. Two males can get along but once mature the intact male may not get along with your current glider.

You will also avoid the smell that comes along with an intact male glider by neutering him before he matures.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders