Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
tent time?
tent time?
Question
Feb 27 2015
04:20:20 PM
Got a tent and for the first time I am going to try and put my baby in it to play. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to stress zorro out. He is just starting to crawl onmy hand in his cage and don't want Amy step backs.
Question
Feb 27 2015
06:40:23 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
At this point, I would just bring a treat or two with you, and maybe something from their cage. Let your baby explore you and the tent, offer one treat, then later if you brought in two, offer the second treat. After a while bring some special "out of cage toys" that's a nice change for your baby.
Question
Mar 17 2015
04:08:28 PM
bettyboop3030 Starting Member bettyboop3030's Journal 8 Posts
I did what you suggested and he seems to love the tent and having new and fun stuff to play with now that he's had a couple tent fun play. I am so happy he seems to be getting more used to me and will actually jump to my hand when I hold of out to him. I don't know if its the shirts I am wearing or what but he looks up my sleeve like he wants to go in but then changes his mind. Which makes me laugh. He sometimes almost seems to play peek a boo by going from shoulder to shoulder on back. I got a toy from little people it has ramps and is almost three feet tall he loves to fallow them around looking for treats and toys I put in for him! I love it. I am so happy I finally got the tent! He seems to trust me more and more everytime. But getting him back in his pouch to put him in the tent or his vage takes some time he is starting to get the hint ...when the tent is going up he goes in and out of his pouch like crazy!
Question
Mar 17 2015
07:18:47 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
LOL, glad to hear. My Lulu does the same with my sleeve, she'll look in, act like she's going up in there, then changes her mind. One time though, she did and came out on the other end at my shoulder, she seemed real proud of herself and hung out there on me for a few minute, letting me pet her even (rare occasions for her). My babies know when the tent is going up, they hang on the cage, almost doing the happy dance.
tent time?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
tent time?