Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
critter love complete
critter love complete
Food, Diet
Mar 01 2015
09:23:04 PM
I am curious about the critter love complete...has anyone used it? How many different fruits n veggies do you give with it? Do you do like one each a night? Or Do you make batches with 4 or more fruits n veggies? ?do you make nightly? do you give the fruits and veggies mixed in or separate? Do you use any supplements? I know everyone is different and every glider is too but I'm just curious on what most do... thanks! :-)
Food, Diet
Mar 01 2015
09:30:17 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
You can read all the instructions for Critter Love Complete on Peggy's web page. She developed this diet and sells the product from her web page.

http://www.critterlovedietcenter.com/complete.html

She does not recommend any supplements be used with this diet.
Food, Diet
Mar 01 2015
10:12:39 PM
Jessicahall1990 Joey Visit Jessicahall1990's Photo Album USA 23 Posts
Thanks candy im still just curious on what other ppl do I suppose...I've already read her instructions but im interested in what ppl perfer... what's easier for them making batches and freezing or what not lol I saw her mixtures but I've heard about ppl using different ways and routines for different veggies and fruits Im just spinning my wheels seeing what others like doing I guess lol
Food, Diet
Mar 02 2015
07:52:08 AM
mechnut450 Glider Visit mechnut450's Photo Album 121 Posts
We use her diet with all 6 of our gliders and even offer it to the pocket pet glider at work. and we seen a large improvement in her health and coat. Before it was trademark her Diet was referred to as HPW diet. We not had any issues on it with the year or so we used it.
Food, Diet
Mar 02 2015
12:11:03 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Jessicahall1990

Thanks candy im still just curious on what other ppl do I suppose...I've already read her instructions but im interested in what ppl perfer... what's easier for them making batches and freezing or what not lol I saw her mixtures but I've heard about ppl using different ways and routines for different veggies and fruits Im just spinning my wheels seeing what others like doing I guess lol

I've used the Complete, I started when I was moving across country, I was using the HPW diet kit from EN, which I later learned wasn't using Wombaroo brand so wasn't HPW actually. I now use the Critter Love Plus (formerly known as HPW Plus, and made by same creator of the actual OHPW)

How I used it?
At first because of traveling, I made up single daily servings, for three gliders. I used small juice bottles, like the little Sunny D packs (I drank the juice, then washed the bottles). It was suggested to fill the water portion per bottle to the proper amount for 3 suggie servings, then daily add the correct measured powder, shake and serve. What I ended up doing was filling the measured water in each bottle and marked the water level with a permanent marker. This was so convenient, and due to lack of freezer and refrigerator space after moving (living with my inlaws), I continued using this method for some time. I eventually started making up three nights worth for three gliders at a time.

After inlaws headed North for the Summer, I had more space in the fridge and freezer, so I ordered the CL Plus and made batches of that. Then when I ended up planning to move back across country, I tried to save some money and purchased the EN Instant HPW (I don't plan on purchasing again), and after returning (still having storage issues) I began making small batches up in my Bullet-type thing and storing in the bottles (I purchased some small juices and saved the bottles). I still use the bottles today, but making up the CL Plus as stated.

The use of bottles makes it easy with either type of CL (HPW) you use. The Complete version needs to be stored in freezer in serving sizes when made as a batch due to the hard consistency. Using the bottles you can, depending on the number of gliders you are serving fill a little bottle for at least 3-4 nights. The mix can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 nights anyway. Then you don't have to worry about ice cube trays if you rather not use them (which was my case). For whatever I've made, I place a bottle (w/three nights servings) in the refrigerator and then place two bottles per/quart size freezer bag or four bottles per/gallon freezer bag, depending on the space I have to tuck them in the freezer, usually 2 together.

If this will work for you better than ice cube trays. Just get some little bottles, I recommend having about 6, but if you only have 2 gliders you may need less, if you have more than 3 you will need more.

Empty the bottles and wash them. Then fill the serving sizes for your amount of gliders that you want per bottle with water, then mark with permanent marker. Empty the water and when you make a batch, fill each bottle to the line you've made and store as you see fit. Each feeding, just pour the actual amount needed for that serving. When the refrigerated bottle is emptied, take one out of the freezer so it will thaw by next nights feeding. Some of my bottles I have the three nights servings marked, but not all, because I've learned to "eye-ball" it.

Now for fruit and veggies. You can make a blend such as recommended on the Critter Love Diet website, this is easy and convenient, once you have made a batch or two. Another way is how Candy does it, she has separate fruits and veggies stored in freezer and offers one of each, with different variety each night. I do something in between, I made three basic mixes with 4 main veggies and each of the three has varied fruit, but a few times a week I add in an extra and different vegetable to their servings that's not in the mix to offer more variety of vegetables. This is a new method I'm trying, but it seems to be working out so far.

Edited by - TJones09 on Mar 02 2015 12:15:24 PM
Food, Diet
Mar 02 2015
01:32:00 PM
Jessicahall1990 Joey Visit Jessicahall1990's Photo Album USA 23 Posts
Thanks! I think ill do something similar...I'm moving soon so the bottles seem convenient :-) I also like the variety of different fruits and veggies I might just mix in different ones each night...I have 3 babies btw lol
critter love complete

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
critter love complete