Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
GliderKids diet question
GliderKids diet question
Food, Diet
Mar 15 2015
02:57:54 PM
So I don't have any gliders yet but I have been doing research. I was looking at diets and like the GliderKids diet. Of course I haven't been able to find the Gerber Yogurt Juice so far (I live in Canada so I'm not really expecting to.) So I have a couple of questions.

For the BML diet there is a substitute of 2 oz of plain yogurt and 2 oz of mixed fruit juice. Would doubling this work in the GliderKids diet to replace the Gerber Yogurt Juice part?

In the GliderKids diet there is a substitution of Green Juice (+ extra calcium). Just wondering does it matter at all what juice you use and what exactly makes it a "Green Juice?" lol

Hopefully that all made sense
Food, Diet
Mar 15 2015
03:09:45 PM
wandwish Joey Visit wandwish's Photo Album 23 Posts
Hi there, I was actually able to find the Gerber Yogurt Juice at Babies R Us, although I'm not sure if there are those in Canada. I don't know about the substitutions, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable knows.
Food, Diet
Mar 15 2015
03:19:38 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Candy would be the best one to answer questions about her diet plan. She is on frequently, so I'm sure she'll be able to help answer those substitution questions you have. I'm glad you are asking about it here though, some people just alter recipes and substitute, and that changes the nutritional values, so asking if it's possible and how is a great thing, good job!

As for "Green Juice" There is a specific juice or juice type that falls into that category, I'm again sorry I'm not knowledgeable on those either.

In the meantime, have you read through Candy's website thoroughly? I ask because she' really good at explaining things and relating information. She has done a terrific job in research and putting much time into diet's nutritional structure/balances and may have some answers in form of recommendations on her website. If not, I'm sure she'll be on sometime today.

Edited by - TJones09 on Mar 15 2015 03:20:55 PM
Food, Diet
Mar 15 2015
03:46:16 PM
dogsnbears Joey 18 Posts
I never thought to look in a Babies R Us. I did a quick search on their website and a few other brands came up. Could they be substituted if I can't find the Gerber brand?

I've seen Candy post quite a bit so I'm hoping she can help me out too.

I've honestly read through so much info, I'm not sure if I've read through her whole website. I'm losing track. lol

I really don't want to change a recipe especially because I am inexperienced and I know the diets are very specific about ingredients and amounts.

thanks for the replies so far though :)

Edited by - dogsnbears on Mar 15 2015 03:46:49 PM
Food, Diet
Mar 15 2015
04:12:49 PM
wandwish Joey Visit wandwish's Photo Album 23 Posts
I searched their website too and it didn't come up, but my boyfriend used to work there and figured that they had to have it. I'd say give it a shot and look.
Food, Diet
Mar 15 2015
04:25:20 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I understand, it's a lot of reading, and so many sources, it can get overwhelming at times. Just stick to the basics and build from there. I'm sure Candy will be along some point soon and can help you with the substitution. Since you're not having immediate need for making the diet up just now, take a little break and just enjoy looking at the cute glider pics and all the cool stuff you'd like to get for them.
Food, Diet
Mar 15 2015
10:50:28 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Sorry to be so late in answering - I was out all day at a workshop for my OTHER passion - playing my Ukulele.

You can substitute a combination of 4 ounces of mixed fruit juice plus and extra 4 ounces of PLAIN yogurt for the two bottles of yogurt juice if you cannot find it.

The Green Juice is one of several brands of juice that include green vegetables - Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness and Naked brand Green Machine are two brands you can use. These are usually found in the refrigerated juice section near the produce department in most grocery stores.
Food, Diet
Mar 16 2015
06:04:17 PM
dogsnbears Joey 18 Posts
TJones09: I have already started buying stuff ;)

No worries Candy. I would expect you to have a life outside of here, lol. Nice to know this is an option in case I can't find any.

Thanks for everyone's input
GliderKids diet question

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
GliderKids diet question