Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Tent time ready?
Tent time ready?
Behavior
Mar 19 2015
12:41:23 AM
Hi there! I'm a new suggie mommy, though I have been researching here forever I have had my little ones for a little under a week. One is doing beautifully, comes to visit me through the bars and not afraid of me at all. However my second still thinks I'm questionable... He won't come near me when he's in the cage but he still takes yogis from me without a problem. I'm wondering if it's too soon to start tent time with them. I feel like my brave boy would be fine but I'm concerned about my other one. Should I hold off a bit longer until he's more comfortable with me? I just don't want to take it too fast but boy am I excited for tent time
Behavior
Mar 19 2015
06:16:09 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Tent time will strengthen the trust level with both your gliders. It is common for one glider to be more personable than the other, one being more timid or slower to bond. Watching interaction of the more personable glider with you is beneficial and will encourage trust building.
Behavior
Mar 21 2015
01:23:49 AM
Linzleve Starting Member 2 Posts
Happy to report our first tent time went well. With that bit of reassurance we gave it a try tonight. And while it took quite a while for them to come out of their pouch when they did they had a blast. And surprisingly it was my scardy cat that spent all the time on me! I was so excited! Thanks much!
Behavior
Mar 21 2015
10:53:03 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm glad you had success and were able to enjoy. I love the out of cage play time with my gliders. I prefer the glider-proofed bathroom over the tent though, it's more comfortable and easier for me and gives them so much more room and stuff to climb and explore.

Taking them into the tent (or play area) while they're still in their pouch is usually recommended when starting out. It was good that you did that. Before you know it, you will be able to have them come right out of the cage onto you to go with you.
Tent time ready?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Tent time ready?