Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Thoughts on INSTANT HPW & ZooPro high protein /HPW kit...
Question
Mar 20 2015
12:29:31 AM
So when I got my 3 new gliders the previous owners gave me are their stuff this includes instant HPW and ZooPro high protein/ HPW kit as well as pallet food called sugar glider diet w/ eucalyptus, berries & bugs, apple biscuits, blueberry & papaya treats and yogurt drops, meal worms, and a jar or calcium... I give them everything except for the ZooPro high protein/HPW kit only for fact that I have no clue how to prepare it and give it to them an I don't want to do it wrong.. the directions on the package throw me off and I try searching for info online and that just confuses me even more then and only place I really see anything about it is on Exotic Nutrition which is where everything is from... then I read reviews on this stuff and some good and some bad I'm just confused over everything lol I just want to keep all my babies healthy right now I have them on the Priscilla Diet and I'm waiting on my order for the Trader Darwin's Vanilla Flavored Soy, Dehydrated Fly Pupae, Bee Pollen to come in to also do the LGRS soup for them.. so any help or info will really help.
Question
Mar 20 2015
09:57:54 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I've used both of those products, but the truth is they haven't really been used for a long enough time to weigh in on whether they're "sustainable" for long term use.

When I first started feeding my gliders an "HPW" type diet, I assumed the kit contained the ingredients including the Wombaroo brand High Protein powder. I later learned it didn't after they changed the labeling/name.

The "Kit" does contain a high protein powder supplement (zoo pro brand) and the bee pollen, all you need to add is the honey, eggs, and water. Scramble the eggs in the microwave in 30 sec intervals until fully cooked, add to blender, then warm the water, add the honey and add to blender, then measure the amount of your powder from the kit to the blender, at least that's how I did it. Blend for 2 minutes and pour into freezer safe container, it can be scooped out like ice cream.

The Instant HPW is just mixed with water, it cannot be scooped like ice cream, it's a harder consistency. Most people pre-measure this consistency type liquids in ice cube trays, I use little juice bottles filled with 3 nights worth of feedings for my three gliders, I just find that easier for me, either way is fine.

I personally recommend getting the more well know brand "Critter Love" she is the creator of the OHPW diet and has formulated a diet brand including several options http://www.critterlovedietcenter.com/original.html
Question
Mar 20 2015
11:25:50 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
quote:
I have them on the Priscilla Diet and I'm waiting on my order for the Trader Darwin's Vanilla Flavored Soy, Dehydrated Fly Pupae, Bee Pollen to come in to also do the LGRS soup for them.. so any help or info will really help.

It is best to choose ONE RECIPE - feeding plan and stick to it for some time.

Gliders frequently take several days to adjust to a new feeding plan before they eat well. Changing from one diet to another often just means several days of eating less than they should with EACH change.

If you already have them on Priscilla's Diet and are using the specific Vitamin Supplement she sells on her web page and your gliders are doing well there is no need to change feeding plans.

You do not need ANY of the other products with Priscilla's Diet.

Do not feed both Priscilla's and Instant HPW - this will provide your gliders too much protein and cut their appetite for the fruits and vegetables that are an important part of any feeding plan.

If you would like to try the ZooPro High protein Supplement Kit - follow the directions for the ORIGINAL HPW but do not add the bee pollen as the powder in the kit already contains it.

http://www.critterlovedietcenter.com/original.html

If your gliders like this staple, once you have used all of the ZooPro HPW Kit you might want to switch to the actual Wombaroo High Protein Supplement to make the staple. You can order Wombaroo High Protein Supplement and bee pollen from the Pampered Glider.

http://www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm

If you want to try the LGRS SOUP - then you will need to prepare it according to the directions and follow the feeding plan for additional protein along with the fruits and vegetables each night.

Full instructions for this diet are here:

http://files.meetup.com/768852/LGRSSuggieSoup.pdf

If you need to try all these diets - Use up a full batch of each before starting a new feeding plan. Do not switch frequently. Since each batch of most staple recipes will feed two gliders for a month or longer - you probably do not want to have more than one staple stored in your freezer at one time. The first one prepared would probably be freezer burned and loose quality before you could completely use up multiple batches of different staples.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders