Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Fighting during the night
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2015
10:48:33 AM
So I've had a male and a female in a cage together for about a week now and they seem to get along most of the time. The play together, share food, and sleep in the same pouch. However, during the night, one will go into the sleeping pouch for a little nap (i think)and the other one will follow to try and get them up. While they're in the pouch together, they crab and it looks like they're fighting. They do it a few times a night and they don't stop unless I say something to them or get their attention somehow. Sometimes during the day, one will leave the sleeping pouch and go sleep on their own. Is this normal? Do you think they're actually fighting in the pouch or is it just playing or establishing dominance?
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2015
11:34:59 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
The female could be in heat. Regardless of the male being neutered he will try to mate with her if she is.

After a week they could be just sorting out their differences. I have a trio and they will get fussy with each other especially when one or two want to nap and the other one or two don't. I keep two pouches in the cage and on occasion I will find them separated. They don't hold a grudge, though. Sometimes they just want a little space without someone's foot or butt in their face.

If they aren't all out balling up and fighting to the point of hurting each other they should work out their differences although you may continue to hear this from time to time.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 05 2015
01:00:49 PM
Onelove420 Glider Visit Onelove420's Photo Album USA 89 Posts
How old does the female have to be to go into heat?
And thank you for the help!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 06 2015
08:09:29 AM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
As early as 4 months OOP. That does NOT mean they are at all ready to be allowed to breed. Females should be at least a year old.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2015
12:24:50 AM
fisherman1133 Starting Member 4 Posts
My two females both under a year fight and lunge and crab at each other every night but always end up sleeping in the same pouch. I only have one pouch in the cage, so maybe that's it. Is this normal or dangerous?? Lemme know.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders