Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage Set Videos for ALL!!
Information
Apr 27 2015
05:26:22 PM
As I have mentioned in another post, I will be making some video on how I make my cage sets. I use a fleece liner and flannel outside. So far I have written down some ideas for the videos. So far I have:

Where to buy material, how much, prices
Materials needed to make the various items (sewing machine, rulers, scissors, etc.)
Machine set up (stitch length, needle size), basic sewing skills
Items to make: sleeping pouch (3 versions), corner hammocks, square hammocks, tiered hammocks, a toy box, tunnels

Any further suggestion would be greatly appreciated to help as many people as possible.
Information
Apr 27 2015
08:02:10 PM
RaveMoon Joey 29 Posts
I will be anxiously awaiting! I love doing crafty things (I live to crochet and cross-stitch) and this sounds so fun! Thank you :)
Information
Apr 27 2015
08:55:32 PM
Ange1seyes Glider Visit Ange1seyes's Photo Album 113 Posts
That is awesome. And very generous of you! I have ordered a cage set and was going to make pieces using that set as a pattern. Maybe you could sell patterns.
Information
Apr 27 2015
09:34:02 PM
FairyGirl Glider Visit FairyGirl's Photo Album 95 Posts
I suppose I could sell the patterns but mostly everything is just squares or rectangles. Also it's not going to cost me anything extra to make the videos. I already have my fabric sitting in a drawer for like 6 months waiting. As for selling sets.... too much work... If I just make the videos, then I only have to make the set once(really more cause stuff wears out and gliders are rough on their stuff). I just want to make this a fun, helpful summer project to share.

I'm really excited that my glider joey is doing well and gaining weight. 3.5g in 4 days! She was a total on 15.5g this evening and tomorrow is 1 week OOP!

My last final is Friday at 7am.... and I'm going to order a bendy clip for my phone to film with so next week I'll be able to start on this.
Information
Apr 27 2015
09:39:11 PM
I also I think I've finally figured out the perfect size sleeping pouch. But I'll keep that a surprise.
and here are the baby pictures, She's my motivation and I'm going to get a Congo Cage so I need to make sure I have a large enough cage set to fill it up with goodies.

Information
Apr 28 2015
09:53:36 AM
RaveMoon Joey 29 Posts
So CUTE! :D

I'd like to learn to make these so that I can pick out my own fleece and make custom "themes" with the cages. Plus, I just love anything that I can be crafty with anyway.
Information
Apr 28 2015
09:12:22 PM
A couple ideas I'm thinking about are a fleece/flannel pan liner that can be washed, a cage cover and a glider blankie that has iron on vinyl on one side so accidents don't leak through.
Information
Apr 28 2015
09:22:16 PM
Ange1seyes Glider Visit Ange1seyes's Photo Album 113 Posts
Oh my goodness. Cuteness overload!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders