Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Suggie isnt active at night?
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 26 2015
01:27:40 AM
My sugar glider won't play at night. Around 930 or 10 He usually wakes up and after a potty trip I take him to his room to let him run around and play, for about 10 minutes hell run around jumping on me, his toys exploring the whole room. Then he stops. After the initial 10 minutes he usually ends up just laying on my shoulder in my shirt or just chills on my arm. Won't play with his toys any more or anything. I tried enticing him with treats but he generally is lazier and won't go after them unless they are close by him. He's always been pretty mello. But I get worried that he just doesn't play much. He'll play some in his cage but it's the same, in small incriments then goes back in his pouch to just relax, doesn't sleep. Just lays down. I've seen a lot of things saying nothing's wrong, he's just kind of a lazy calm sugar glider, but the more opinions the better.

He's 10 months old and yeah it's just him. I give him some fruit before play time since he's usually hungry then he eats treats some. But the majority of his good he eats after play time
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 26 2015
02:49:14 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
in order to better understand the situation, I'll ask a few questions :

*how old is he?

*Is he a lone glider?

*Does he eat a bit before you bring him to his play room?
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 26 2015
10:08:18 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Are the lights on in the room when you get him out to play?

Most gliders will not come out to play until the lights are turned off. He is probably very active after you go to sleep at night.

Gliders also need light during normal daylight hours to cue their nocturnal internal clock.

If the room is dark during the day while you are out, he may be very active during the day and then go to sleep in the evenings when you turn the lights on.

Make sure the room where the cage is located is well lit during the daytime. Turn the lights off at sunset and leave only a night light or two on in the room at night to see if your glider will get back on his expected nocturnal schedule.

Put his food in the cage shortly before you expect him to wake up and give him a little time to eat some before you take him out for playtime. Some gliders need some food for energy before they are active for the evening.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 26 2015
09:22:12 PM
Kayla.barrett Starting Member Kayla.barrett's Journal CO, USA 3 Posts
I bring him to work with me during the day so there's light. During his play time I usually keep the lights really dim but tonight I'll try completly turning them off
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 26 2015
10:56:21 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If you are carrying him all day while working he may not be getting the undisturbed sleep gliders need during the day.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories