Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BITING
BITING
Question
Oct 22 2015
04:21:13 AM
My male sugar glider has been getting much more aggressive with his biting. He's always been pretty mouthy during play time, but they've been getting harder and more aggressive. I'm very concerned it's an anti social thing. He is a single glider, and I usually spend a lot of time with him. Playing , bonding, he even tends to prefer sleeping in my shirt rather than his pouch. I've had him about 4 months and he has always been very sweet and well behaved. I had planned on getting a cage mate asap, but now I'm worried he might hurt them. I want to get him neutered first. I'm really worried that because I've been sick lately, and he's been spending more time in the cage, that he is becoming anti social or stressed. Im worried that this new behavior is irreversible, even once I get him a cage mate and a larger cage (I started with a smaller one for bonding purposes) anyway, tonight when I grabbed him (gently) to go back in the cage, he bit me very hard without any kind of warning or crabbing. There was a lot of blood. He even tried to come at me and continue attacking after I put him down. I'm just so worried and upset that I've caused my sweet sugar to become so aggressive :( it's only been a few days that he's been caged longer than usual... Help??
Question
Oct 28 2015
09:59:51 PM
Maddogg95 Starting Member 7 Posts
Ive have the EXACT same problem because i got sick and left him be for a few days. He acts like he hates me now....
BITING

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
BITING