Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
New to the site, My Lucy Is Missing :(
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2015
09:46:10 AM
My Lucy has been missing since sometime Saturday October 31st. I have been reading everything on the Internet and especially this page and the forums. I have done/am doing all of the suggestions on finding your suggie. I am a mother of 4 kids so with toys, clothes, books, snacks, etc., there is no shortage of hiding places or random food in places I find everyday. I took Lucy EVERYWHERE with me, even to work. The only time we were apart is at night.

It just seems like she has disappeared!!! She is not eating the food I have set out, nothing. Every time I go to sleep I dream I found her and then wake up devastated all over again.

Its been 5 days, is that too long? How long until there is no hope? She is my first suggie so I am just lost. I am so heartbroken I can not hardly stand it. My family is heartbroken as well but mostly for me because I am devastated. Please let me know your thought on if it is still possible she can return? The two threads on here that popped up on google, I read and read but theirs did not seem to ever come back. Did I just get 2 bad stories or is this what I should prepare for with my Lucy? :"(
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2015
12:36:34 PM
Bossihamham Glider Visit Bossihamham's Photo Album Bossihamham's Journal 195 Posts
I have heard of gliders coming back home after multiple days. Is it possible she went outside? Try putting the cage outside over night. I've never expirienced this so that's all the advice I can give you. I hope you find her.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2015
01:13:59 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Unfortunately gliders can get themselves in some pretty tight spaces including under doors to go into other rooms.

Be sure to check inside dresser drawers and inside cabinets. If there are any openings under cabinets or if the back of a dresser is open the glider may climb inside out of sight.

Check under furniture - turn it over if you have to - to look for any holes that would let your glider hide inside.

Check under all appliances including the washer, dryer, stove etc.

When I was a kid my hamster babies got out and the last one was in the storage drawer under the refrigerator we had at the time. A glider might get in to the drawer found under most stoves.

Don't give up hope but if she has not eaten in 5 days she may not be in the house - or may have gotten into a hole in the wall or under a sink around the plumbing and be stuck somewhere that she cannot get out.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 28 2016
11:16:22 PM
DFA_babies Starting Member 5 Posts
Did you ever find your Lucy. Im just curious, reading this made me sad for you.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories