Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
I need help! I think my sugar glider doesn't like me anymore!
Question
Dec 24 2015
06:57:22 PM
My sugar glider Ember has been with me for about 5 months now. We bonded pretty easily. (Within a month my mom would say.) but the past few weeks I've have little or no time to play with her with finals and work and etc. Now lately when I try to get her out of the cage she runs from me and doesn't like going in her bonding pouch. Admitted I haven't 'played' with her in the way I see everyone else doing here. There is simply no room in the house I can let her loose in. what I do is let her crawl around me as I do stuff. btw she doesn't have a cage mate. I got her by herself so I could focus one bonding one sugar glider and not freaking out about two. I planned to get a buddy later but same deal, too busy/not enough money to buy a friend. >.>

Please help. Now I have to chase her around the cage, and she nips at me (Not a bite, thankfully) and crawls off when I let her loose. Its like we don't have a bond anymore. . .Please give me some advice!!
Information
Mar 18 2016
06:41:21 AM
little kin Starting Member Visit little kin's Photo Album 1 Posts
I strongly advise you get her a cage mate, gliders are VERY social pets, even if you can spend a lot of time playing with her, she will still need some one of her kind aka another glider. If you cant play with her enough, atleast give her a friend to play with. If your glider is somewhat avoiding you, and running around the cage a lot, it seems like she is stressed. If you are considering to get a new glider, i suggest you get one from the same breader. Youd better find a way to buy one, cause I cant see any other way out of this, except to buy a glider of give yours away.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 18 2016
09:15:48 PM
Annika0130 Joey Visit Annika0130's Photo Album TX, USA 20 Posts
It's been a while since I posted this. we're getting along better now! she's been doing the whole 'lets lick mommy's hand and toes' thing for a couple months now. i'll post a few pics and videos of her time with us so far. ^.^ she's my little baby. however an issue did come up a few days ago, i'll post about it in a new thread. Also I have money and a date set out within 10 days from now she'll have a sister. any messages concerning introductions will be much appreciated!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion