Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Calcium Fortified Orange Juice Concentrate
Food, Diet
Jan 22 2016
03:16:49 PM
So I have been struggling with the diet as most people do (there is just so much misinformation out there and a lot of diets have "put this in it" but I can't find places that sell it!) I almost caved and bought the ExoticNutrition complete + Instant HPW which seems "OK" but the priscilla Price diet is the hail-marry so I figured I would try it.
What confuses me is the priscilla Price diet calls for "calcium Fortified Orange Juice Concentrate" but I can't find this ANYWHERE (online or in-store) - (I can find calcium fortified OJ but not the concentrate) - with so many people using this diet I have to ask what are you using for this (or your substitute); please let me know the brand and amount you are putting (if not the original 3oz)

Thank you,

Edited by - Robo on Jan 22 2016 03:19:24 PM
Food, Diet
Jan 22 2016
07:19:32 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
It should be in the frozen juice section of your grocery store.
Food, Diet
Jan 22 2016
08:10:01 PM
Blue Nostalgic Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Blue Nostalgic's Photo Album 1422 Posts
Right. Those little cardboard cylinders in the frozen case. The diet allows for this to be substituted only by the plain unfortified w/calcium frozen concentrate (when you can't find the other). There isn't a way to use actual juice to make up for the concentrate. Sorry, and I hope you find some. A lot of times it's generic.
Food, Diet
Jan 23 2016
04:06:28 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
I have the same problem, no concentrate is available for public use in france, only rediluted juice based on concentrate or worse, concentrate with added sugar, I had to import some from the UK.
Food, Diet
Jan 30 2016
03:42:18 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
I just got a reply from Priscilla Price sayying that it is possible to substitute concentrate by orange juice + orange.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders