Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bold spot over ears
Bold spot over ears
Health related
Jan 29 2016
06:02:34 PM
Tonight I noticed my little guy has lost hair above his ears. He has a play mate they have been together for 2 years and love each other very much. I have recently adopted two more gliders. I do have them in a different room I was doing a 30 day quarantine . Do you think he is stressed out? He is eating and playing just fine. I have my Babies on bml diet. I'm a very nervous mommy. If anyone has any advice I would great appreciate it. I will try to take a picture of him and post it .
Thank you,
Andrea
Health related
Jan 31 2016
11:55:34 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm sorry it took so long to get a reply.

My Lulu overgrooms, here is pic of what it looks like so you can compare. This is a recent photo, just taken yesterday. Her bald spots will grow back, I noticed that it is improved when we get into and keep a regular "out of cage" play schedule. Unfortunately, I often find myself getting out of the routines for extended periods since my first move across country, because I haven't actually gotten settled enough into life adjustments and then illnesses to maintain any for too long. I'm really hoping to fix that soon.

Anyway, so Lulu has always been my more "neurotic" personality glider, while Skadoosh is more laid back for the most part. Ollie, is somewhere in between the two personalities, lol.

If it's overgrooming, it is likely related to stress. Some gliders are more easily stressed than others. If you can identify her stress source, you may be able to help reduce it. As I found that spending routine out of cage time with my babies helps with Lulu. When I first noticed it, I called the glider vet closest to me at the time and she spent some time on the phone asking questions and making suggestions. It took some time for me to identify the main cause stress factor for her, but I eventually did.

Good luck. And please keep us updated on how he's doing.

Edited by - TJones09 on Jan 31 2016 11:56:39 AM
Bold spot over ears

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bold spot over ears