Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Friends gliders
Friends gliders
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2016
04:17:44 PM
It has been bothering me for while and I was wondering if you guys have any advice.

When I first got my gliders I was very excited and posted a lot about them on my social media. One of my friends has gliders as well and asked why mine are so nice and loving and continued to tell me that hers are very mean and bite her. I told her that I wore mine in a bonding pouch. She continued to tell me that her gliders are "too old" to be bonded with and she missed the "bonding window." I told her that she should try a bonding pouch. I then asked her what diet plan her gliders were on and she said that she feeds them mostly bread and whatever fruits and veggies are lying around her house. I cringed. Just hearing the word "bread" makes me somewhat mad. I want to tell her that she should get her gliders on a more balanced diet and a proper staple diet but I don't want to sound rude or like I am a know it all.

Help? Has anyone dealt with something like this? Thanks in advance
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2016
07:13:56 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Why don't you just invite her to join the forum to learn more about bonding with her gliders. We will help with diet issues too if she cares to ask.

Keep in mind - As much as we want life to be perfect for all gliders - other owner's choices are out of our control.

In the mean time, you might give your friend an new (or clean gently used) bonding pouch and give her some tips on building her glider's trust. Let her know that gliders can bond with their humans at any age - but it takes some effort and patience on the owner's part.
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2016
08:06:46 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
Thanks candy, I will try and give her one of my bonding pouches.
Friends gliders

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Friends gliders