Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
Female Being Aggressive to Male
Question
Apr 18 2016
10:46:17 PM
I have had a female for around a year and then I acquired a male not long after the female. They recently had babies (super cute, both male, named them Leroy and Jenkins :) ). However, not long after the joeys being out of pouch my female started being aggressive towards to male (who is the sweetest sugar glider ever). She will not let him eat and often will attack him. I do not want them to have any more babies so I had the male neutered a couple of weeks ago to see if that will help. It didn't and it continues to get worse. I have been separating them at night and during the day I put them together again (the female does not seem to be mean to him at all and will groom him during the day). Today I come home from work to find that my male has a large chunk of fur missing from his back. I am going to try to separate them completely and wait a couple more weeks until the joeys are about 8 weeks out of pouch and see if the independence of the babies makes a difference. Does anyone else have any other suggestions maybe? I have tried searching all over for even remotely similar situations and cannot find one.

Also, my female's diet increased significantly and always seems to be super hungry even though I feed her a well balanced diet and a fair amount of food. I have done a ton of research on glider diets and have come up with my own recipe with a good 2:1 ratio of calcium to phosphorous and high protein. I assumed her increased diet is because she is nursing but I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Question
Apr 19 2016
03:16:35 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I wonder if she is pregnant again?
Question
Apr 19 2016
10:21:48 PM
crswanson Starting Member 2 Posts
I don't think so.. That would be crazy and she would likely have joeys in pouch again by now.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion