Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What do nibbles mean!?
What do nibbles mean!?
Question
May 03 2016
04:47:57 PM
I have a year old female that I have had for almost a year. She is very bonded to me and loves me but for some reason every now and then when I go to pet her, she will give me these little nibbles on my fingers! It isn't always hard but sometimes it can really hurt. I know she isn't trying to hurt me but she loves to latch on to my fingers and nibble them!!!

What does that mean?!?!

Oh I have 2 boys that are neutered so she isn't lonely and she isn't pregnant..
Question
May 03 2016
08:13:47 PM
Gayle Glider Visit Gayle's Photo Album Gayle's Journal USA 90 Posts
Grooming you
Question
May 04 2016
06:35:31 AM
JordyCrosby Glider Visit JordyCrosby's Photo Album 62 Posts
My girls do this too. They seem to "like" the tips of my fingers & the webbing between fingers the best. I thought at first it was lotion, food, or some other product they could smell on my hands but they do it all the time! Even if I have just throughly washed me hands or haven't put lotion on in a couple days. So check that first, have you changed lotions or anything like that? If my girls get too rough & it starts to hurt I just make the "tssst" noise at them. Sometimes it takes a couple tries for them to get the point that I don't want them doing that.
Question
May 07 2016
05:15:44 PM
Minxies Glider Visit Minxies's Photo Album Minxies's Journal 51 Posts
Gayle's got it right.

In the short time I've had mine; I've found mine does the same thing. (especially the webbing of my fingers and my rings)

She's grooming you~
Being such social animals; one way they develop relationships and closeness is by grooming one another. (Like monkeys)

Chances are she's trying to groom you to show how much she likes you. :D
If it hurts; as many others have said- go "PSST" at them.

If Ithil continues after that; I'll actually mimic her crabbing sound (though it's much quieter than her's) and usually; it's enough to make her stop.
What do nibbles mean!?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What do nibbles mean!?