Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Need help bonding!
Need help bonding!
Information
May 18 2016
08:42:20 PM
So I got 2 joeys a boy and a girl about a year ago.. When I first got them I was hard core bonding with them everyday, every night. Of course as time went by I got busy and couldn't spend as much time with them. I still played with them for hours every night, just not all day everyday... Other people with gliders say they will basically attack you when you open their cage for play time... But mine have never done that.. In fact some nights I can't even get them out of the cage to play. Sometimes it seems like they are scared of me. I want to have a great bond with my gliders so I can take them with me places, like to the store or wherever and not be scared they will jump off of me.. Or if I call their name they come to me.. What can I do?
Information
May 19 2016
12:29:50 AM
Charles946 Starting Member 1 Posts
I will tell you right off the bat I'm very new at this. I've only had my SG for a month. Bonding was not going very well so 2 weeks ago I bought a tent (Walmart $17.00) big enough for me to get into with my SG. It fits perfectly on my king size bed so we spend a good hour and a half to 2 hours a day and things are going much better. I feel as if we are making a little more progress each day. When we get out of the tent I keep her with me in her bonding pouch for another couple of hours. This might be something to trying see if it helps. I always have a small piece of apple for a treat and play her some music from my iPhone. Maybe this will help you. I don't chase her I let her come to me on her terms. Best of luck.
Information
May 29 2016
09:17:17 PM
Beryun Joey Visit Beryun's Photo Album Beryun's Journal 15 Posts
Well honestly my boys are much different from my first gliders I had ages ago. Loki won't attack out of excitement like my old ones did and he likes his cage alot (can't blame him I have a ton of fun stuff in there) but once I get him out (granted he doesn't wanna play hide an seek in the cage room) he is my lil clingy boy. I just got my second one Lucious and he's still a little scared of me but once he calms down he is exploring the play room. My old ones used to attack and climb all over me. And they would even have me play hide and seek with them lol. I was base, my point is don't stress over it some take longer than others and you also have to keep in mind that they come with their own personality. Not everyone you know is hyper and not everyone is calm. It's the same for gliders. Just show them love and if they get scared I advise you have an open pouch with you so they can crawl in it. And if they start crabbing lightly but firmly press them close to you it will give the feeling of a mother gliders pouch and help them see you are mom and they have no reason to be scared of you. each glider is a bit different patients is key
Need help bonding!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Need help bonding!