Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
pimple like mass??
pimple like mass??
Health related
Jun 01 2016
03:36:12 PM
My sugar glider, bandit, has a pimple like mass growing under his jaw. It looks like its filled with pus and it also seems like its scabbing over. I'm definitely taking him to the vet tomorrow but I was just wondering as to what it might be.
Health related
Jun 01 2016
05:03:24 PM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
It's probably just an absess kinda like a pimple or blackhead and it got infected it's pretty common but yeah you'll wanna see the vet for antibiotics as infection can spread fairly quickly with these Lil guys.
Health related
Jun 01 2016
08:33:43 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
it's funny that you say that your guy has an abscess because someone that I follow on social medias glider continues to get abscesses and she took him to the vet the first time to get it drained and for antibiotics and the second time he popped it on his own so she had to get him some more antibiotics. it hasn't showed up again since as far as I know.

Edited by - kiwi3435 on Jun 01 2016 08:34:17 PM
Health related
Jun 02 2016
01:54:59 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Abcesses in the jaw area often come from an infected tooth root which needs to be extracted, in this case antibiotics do not cure the abcesses, they are an emergency medicine to make it go dormant, but if the root is not removed once the abcess resorbed/drained, it will pop up again the next time the glider will be stressed or too tired to maintain the infection in balance (chronicity stage).

Edited by - sjusovare on Jun 02 2016 01:56:04 AM
pimple like mass??

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
pimple like mass??