GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Nail polish
Nail polish
Health related
Jun 09 2016
09:44:41 PM
Hello!!!

I am panicking and need help ASAP! As my gliders were running around playing in my bedroom, I was painting my toes with nail polish. All of a sudden my one glider bit my toe that has wet nail polish on it and I know it got in her mouth...is this going to kill her? I have been a nervous wreck and need help!
Health related
Jun 10 2016
11:24:07 AM
suggiezombie Joey Visit suggiezombie's Photo Album USA 11 Posts
I can understand your concern for sure. My glider did the same thing! Mine ate a pretty big glob of it. What I did is this: make sure your glider eats some apples (good food and plenty of water in it) to try and rinse the polish down/get the taste out for it. I also dipped the apples in a bit of honey, gets the taste out and distracts the glider. Monitor your baby, but understand that it takes a large amount of ingested nail polish to truly harm the baby. It should be alright. If it shows any signs of sickness, definitely take it into a specialized vet for small mammals. Sugar gliders are naturally curious and random things like this do happen! Mine survived its experience with nail polish, please keep me posted how your baby is.

Brittanica
Nail polish

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Nail polish