GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Home made Yogurt drops?
Home made Yogurt drops?
Question
Jun 24 2016
02:49:59 PM
Hey there guys!

I saw topics on this while searching google but they were rather old posts. I hope I'm posting to the right area as well!

I really want to make my babies some homemade Yogurt chips.

I really want to make them vanilla and cherry chips if possible. I buy the vanillas on eBay sometimes but I thought it would be so fun to make them myself!

So do you guys happen to have a recipe?

I read on an earlier post about using Corn starch, baby juice, soy powder, and I can't recall what else. Not sure if this will work or how to make them vanilla or cherry flavor? Unless that comes from the baby juice?

I'just want to be absolutely sure to make something safe for my boys!

Thanks guys!
Question
Jun 24 2016
10:14:21 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
This has been discussed many times over the years and I am not sure anyone has come up with a recipe.

Keep in mind that the yogurt is a perishable food - no matter what you mix with it it will need to be frozen unless you can use up the entire batch in a very short time.

Adding corn starch may thicken the yogurt but - it also adds a lot of phosphorus - defeating the goal of offering homemade yogies for the calcium it provides.

You can use plain or fruit flavored yogurt as a treat by allowing your glider to lick it off your finger. Just remember the 3 lick rule - 3 licks then reload your finger. If your finger is licked clean your glider might bite to make more "sap" flow as they would if they were licking sap from a branch of a tree.

For the small number of yogies you will offer your glider as a treat now and then - there is no harm in buying the small ones sold in pet stores.

Home made Yogurt drops?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Home made Yogurt drops?