Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New owner with joey questions
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 03 2016
11:31:23 PM
Hello everyone. I recently purchased what I was told was a pair of gliders (the male being fixed) but surprise we now have a joey..its eyes are not open but does have some fur starting. The woman who owned the pair apparently was in it to make money and had several pairs so when I got them home it took alot of bonding time. They are doing well at that and even trust me enough to touch the baby..my question is when is it safe to start bonding with the baby and what steps should I do it in? Both mommy and daddy are great parents to the joey and I don't want to mess anything up with that. I guess im just at a loss as to when and what to do. I don't want to mess up. I do plan on getting the male fixed now that I know he isnt fixed like i was told. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks!!

Edited by - Jdp on Jul 03 2016 11:32:08 PM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 04 2016
01:43:03 PM
gr8rcfan Glider Visit gr8rcfan's Photo Album USA 80 Posts
I'm fairly new and no expert, but have heard many others say they handle their joeys almost daily, with and without the mama. This is not so much for bonding, but to acclimate the joey to humans in general :)
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 04 2016
04:18:43 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
We handled our joeys on the second day oop. The parents weren't very concerned, but we didn't hold them for very long. They are so cute when they crab!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 04 2016
08:19:27 PM
Jdp Starting Member 2 Posts
Thank you all so much...we just don't want to do anything wrong. We never planned on having a joey but we do and it's adorable!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders