Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
Need Help!!
Need Help!!
Question
Jul 11 2016
10:33:34 PM
I just got my two sugar gliders not even two weeks ago and Roxy has died. I went to clean the cage and the bottom part got stuck. I left to have my dad help me get it unstuck and when we came back inside my two dogs were fighting over Roxy. I got her away, but she died shortly after. I feel horrible and I am so disappointed in myself. I should have double checked everything before I left.

I'm a first time glider owner. Shilah is very shy and I'm not sure if I should find a safer home for her or try to find another companion. Shilah will lick off my fingers, but she prefers to stay curled up. I was wondering if trying to find her a new home with other gliders would be better than finding a new one (and trying to get them to bond seeing as I have zero experience with gliders.)
Question
Jul 31 2016
07:44:24 PM
apollo_2016 Starting Member 2 Posts
I have one glider and it takes time to bond with just one
Question
Jul 31 2016
08:27:44 PM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
Omg I'm so sorry for your loss. That's a terrible situation to find yourself in. Also my worst nightmare as I have a husky x a pug and a long haired cat of some kind as well as my 2 gliders. I think you ought to look in on another cage mate as I don't think that mistake will happen again. But it's really up to you. They are alot of maintanance but at the same time so freakin adorable. Do lots of research from previous posts on this or other forums. Youtube videos can be helpful if the maker is well informed. There's lots of contradictory stuff our there so I play it safe as far as foods and balanced nutrition.
Good luck and once again so sorry for your loss!
Need Help!!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
Need Help!!