Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Keeping Cage In My Room With Carpet Floors
Question
Sep 10 2016
09:20:48 PM
Sorry guys I think I've had like 3 posts in the past week, just trying to get prepared and everything squared away before the little guys get here next week. I would like to be able to keep my cage in my room. As far as noise goes I'm not too worried about because I'm a heavy sleeper anyways but my two main concerns are:

1. I like to leave my fan on at night because I get way too hot without it (My house says at 70 degrees through every season except for winter) will they get too cold at night

2. Are they messy where they would get pee/poop/fruit and otherwise all over my carpet around the cage? I might be selling my house soon so I don't want the carpet to be smelling like a bathroom!

They will be 8 weeks when I get them

Also if you have any "new owner" tips and tricks that worked good for you as far as anything goes let me know!

Edited by - Justinww11 on Sep 10 2016 09:24:58 PM
Off topic chat
Sep 10 2016
09:26:03 PM
JLR Glider Visit JLR's Photo Album JLR's Journal Canada 95 Posts
A kitchen for the food and a computer desk mat help keep the floor cleaner. Mine throw seed shells everywhere and poop ends up outside the cage. Below is an example of a kitchen

Question
Sep 10 2016
09:32:41 PM
Justinww11 Joey 22 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by JLR

A kitchen for the food and a computer desk mat help keep the floor cleaner. Mine throw seed shells everywhere and poop ends up outside the cage. Below is an example of a kitchen

Ah thank you. JLR you've helped me a lot I really appreciate it! Also about a cage for the 8 week olds is one with vertical bars alright for them? I'm really wanting to buy the Congo cage from EN but want to make sure it's "baby safe."
Also are these bigger cages bad for bonding since you'd have to chase them around possibly or does that just call for passive bonding
Question
Sep 10 2016
09:38:15 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
You could put down a cheap plastic tablecloth or shower curtain under the cage.

I bought some fleece (not fake fur!) and use binder clips from the Dollar Tree to fasten it around the back of the cage to protect the wall. Then I cut a 12" strip to wrap around the lower part of the cage so my dog can't get too close. I also covered the side closest to the AC vent so they won't get a draft.

Sometimes Walmart has thin fleece throws for $2.88 if you don't want to go to the fabric store.
Question
Sep 11 2016
04:28:52 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Using a vinyl table clothe, like for picnic tables are an option as well as shower curtains or liners if you prefer clear. However, I just kept a little hand vac near by the cage when I had my glider in a room with carpet to quick vac up mess around the front of the cage and around as needed. Now I have them in a room with hardwood, so keep a little sweeper & pan handy.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders