Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Best toys? Wheels, feathers, what else?
Question
Sep 23 2016
02:51:49 PM
I would like to find more ways to interact with and play with my sugar gliders, or at least find more objects that will hold their attention. Their wheel and occasionally feather toys have been able to keep their attention, and foraging in a barrel of monkeys. I suppose I'm a bit jealous of the wheel and the way it is able to captivate them and would like to know of any similar toys that engage your gliders like cats on a red laser or a dog playing fetch.
Question
Sep 23 2016
09:41:30 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I would be leery of the laser, with those big eyes of theirs. Mine love the feather teasers the best. Just make sure if you are using a cat toy that there is no catnip, which is toxic for gliders.

If you have a ball pit you can drop small treats in it for them to forage. Also check out the thrift stores for plastic toddler toys. I found a Fischer Price barn with lots of doors and windows for $2. I think there is another one that is like a tree house.
Question
Sep 24 2016
02:21:17 AM
Christy626 Glider 51 Posts
Hi
I read on here wife balls and stuff it with fleece. They like to rip and tug it out of the ball. So me being me got some waffle balls and they immediately were after them pulling and tugging the pieces of fleece out. Its a hit. lol I made a tree out of PVC pipe with little cups on the ends of the "branches" so they can forage their too. They love the tree. Very easy to make too. I wrapped the tree in vet wrap so they could hang on. Seems to work great and they don't get hung up in it either. I will get a pic and post soon.
Question
Sep 24 2016
01:32:31 PM
Well that didn't turn out well. The spell check got me good. Should be wiffle balls not wife. lol and of course Wiffle not waffle. I need to make sure to check the spell check when done. lol
Question
Sep 24 2016
01:46:25 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Lol.. my phone tends to post "sugar fighters"....
My colony's favourite toys are milk bottle plastic caps, I make a pyramid with those and they just tend to destroy it and "swim" in those.
Question
Sep 24 2016
07:22:20 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Wife balls, waffle balls and sugar fighters!

I just stuffed one of those balls and put it in the cage. I cant wait to check it in the morning! I usually put scraps of fleece on top of the cage thinking they will put them in their sleeping pouch, but they just pull them thru and pee on them.

I tried not using any paper in my bottom tray, like some people do, and I didn't enjoy cleaning the nasty mess this morning. Back to the newspaper! We all have different likes and tolerances.
Question
Sep 29 2016
11:56:11 AM
LOL Sugar Fighters. Thats a good one. And Strips of fleece diapers. Nice lol
Question
Sep 29 2016
07:33:37 PM
Minadog77 Glider Visit Minadog77's Photo Album 59 Posts
I like using straws. My boys chase them around all the time.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders