Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How much sleep is too much sleep??
Question
Sep 29 2016
11:49:30 PM
We got our first glider a few days ago. He's been awesome. I kept him with me constantly in his pouch under my shirt and he loves it. His sleep seemed ok. He was up late, slept most of the day, getting up once or twice to play and eat. This morning I put him in his pouch to sleep in his cage about 5 am and he hasn't come out all day that I know of. It's now almost midnight. I didn't try and wake him bc I had a pretty busy day today so I figured why wake him if I can't really play anyway. Now I'm worried though. Should I be????
Question
Sep 30 2016
12:10:42 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Gliders are nocturnal, so they sleep through the day and are active at night.
They usually won't get out of their pouch if there are bright lights outside, mines will not go out if there is anything brighter than my desk lamp / computer screen.

You have him only since a few days, so he has to get used to his new surroundings, which could explain that his sleep hours are somewhat erratic.
Question
Sep 30 2016
03:36:50 PM
ShyMayahMom Joey 15 Posts
How is he doing?
Question
Oct 01 2016
03:17:10 PM
PikaNBoosMom Starting Member 2 Posts
He's doing fine y'all. Turns out I'm just a crazy overbearing mom and he's a normal glider doing his thing #128514; He got up around 3 that morning and stayed up for about 4 hours playing and eating and then went back to bed lol I took him out of his little bed around 3 pm yesterday and fed him a few snacks and stuck him in my shirt pocket with a little bit of his bedding and he stayed there until 3 in the morning. I even took a nap for about an hour and he never budged. He woke up around 1 am and poked his little nose out to ask me for a snack and I obliged. He ate and went right back to sleep lol I love him#10084;#65039;

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders