Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My sugar glider swollen cheek I have questions
Question
Nov 13 2016
09:08:26 PM

My sugar glider just got a swollen cheek yesterday I was wondering about how much would it cost if it was something serious and what it is if someone could help asap

Edited by - Maximina on Nov 13 2016 09:38:46 PM
Question
Nov 14 2016
12:04:05 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Hello.
I am not in the USA so I have no idea of the prices over there, but I can answer your 2nd question.
It can be 2 things, either an inflammation caused by a wound under her fur (a scratch or something), either a tooth abcess. In the 2nd case, it would need antibiotics and possibly a tooth extraction.

Edited by - sjusovare on Nov 14 2016 12:24:08 AM
Question
Nov 26 2016
08:58:27 PM
Kaydee Glider 52 Posts
My Buddy had a swollen cheek as well, it got so bad that his eye was almost forced shut. He had to get Xrays ($200) and it turned out to be an infection in his tooth. We haven't had the surgery yet but the vet told me best case scenario it will cost around $400 and worse case scenario he may need to have some bone in his jaw removed and it will cost around $700. He's also had to be on several antibiotics. However prices are different everywhere so your vet might do the same thing for half the cost. I hope your little guy doesnt have the same thing Buddy has. It could just be an abscess in which case you should only have to pay for an exam and some antibiotics. Good luck to you guys!
Question
Dec 09 2016
01:33:41 AM
Maximina Starting Member Visit Maximina's Photo Album 2 Posts
Thnx guys I got it checked out the next day and it was $91 and they gave him antibiotics it went down about a week later and he's fine now #128522; Thank u so much for your concerns
Question
Dec 09 2016
05:54:33 AM
JLR Glider Visit JLR's Photo Album JLR's Journal Canada 95 Posts
I'm happy everything worked out for your little one.
Just a note for anyone looking for answers on this post in the future: tooth abscesses can progress to where the bone in the jaw starts getting eaten away, Hense the possibility of a much higher bill already mentioned. Because of this, it really is best to get them into a vet asap so antibiotics can be started and hopefully catch the infection before bone damage begins

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders