Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
beware of monkeys in a a barrel!
Funny
Nov 25 2016
09:16:37 PM
When I first rescued my glider, Minnie I kept reading how they loved to play with monkeys in a barrel so I started to look for them in stores. After 2 days I found one left at a kmart. I hung the monkeys in the cage but the first couple of days she ignored them. Then one morning at 3 am I heard her bark and and woke up to realize she was out of her cage playing under the table. I quickly scooped her up and took her back to the cage. there I saw a monkey literately holding the cage door open! she had used it to pry the door open. My first thought was "no wonder why they love them, they use them to escape!" so I had to remove all the monkeys for awhile until I could zip lock the small doors that she had gotten out of. She has her monkeys back now and I find them in different spots but no more escaping. My mom is convinced that this proves that sugar gliders use tools but i think it was more of an isolated incident.
Funny
Nov 26 2016
09:30:16 AM
darr1027 Joey 32 Posts
What kind of cage do you have? Now I am nervous!
Funny
Nov 26 2016
12:40:40 PM
minime3 Glider Visit minime3's Photo Album USA 50 Posts
I don't know the name of it, it came with her but the doors slide up and down with bumps on either side to lock it in place. i don't like the cage too much because of the doors. it shakes the cage when you open and shut the doors and makes a load noise. I'll be getting a new one soon.
Funny
Dec 30 2016
05:16:29 PM
Minadog77 Glider Visit Minadog77's Photo Album 59 Posts
LOL that sounds like something my boys would do. They are very inquizitive like that.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories