GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Introduction post
Introduction post
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 29 2016
12:00:07 PM
Hello,

Been lurking for a few months and have finally decided to sign up. My lady and I purchased a sugar glider a few months back. We'd each been looking at them for a long long time, independently, and decided to take the plunge.

After nearly 3 months, our little Peanut is a super sweet girl and we're just now starting to take her out on adventures with us. Why only now? Well, because, to put it simply, NONE of us were ready yet. Not us, not her, not the world. Lol

Bonding was quite the challenge. Peed on. Pooped on. Bit. HARD. Hard enough to draw blood more than once. Screaming like a banshee any time we came near. It was starting to shake our confidence about our decision. But through care, perseverance, patience and love, she is now a sweetheart.

Now she comes to us when we call her name, she plays, she barks for us in the middle of the night (cool and annoying at the same time lol). My biggest challenge is changing up her toys in her cage so she has to search for her fruit each night. But every morning she's found every piece and eaten it all.

Looking forward to learning more and more about her and the species in general from those who've been there and done that.

Thanks
Chuck and Debbie
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 29 2016
05:27:44 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Sounds like you are doing great with Peanut. Thanks for the awesome picture, she looks quite comfortable.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 30 2016
10:44:38 AM
Peanut16 Starting Member Visit Peanut16's Photo Album 9 Posts
Thank you. It hasn't been without it's ups and downs. Had a few points there where we weren't sure who was going to survive, us or her. LOLLLL

Last night was a big night for us, we took her out to meet some of our friends. She did very well and actually spent a few moments with a couple of our friends before jumping back to mommy or daddy. Still definitely not out of the woods yet, as she nibbled at me a bit harder than I'd like her to on the way home, but that was because I wouldn't let her run around the interior of the car like she wanted to.

Did I mention that she LOVES honey nut Cheerios? Only 1 or 2 a day, don't want her to have too much of the bad stuff.

Edited by - Peanut16 on Nov 30 2016 10:45:19 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 30 2016
03:11:24 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Mines like the plain Cheerios, at least that is what I give them.
Keep the pictures coming!
Introduction post

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
Introduction post