Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
female glider of year and half being aggressive to 13 week old male
Question
Dec 30 2016
02:29:23 AM
the female glider and male glider got a long in the beginning but now the female glider is being aggressive towards the male glider. shes crabbing at him all the time and pounces on him and wont let him reach the bottom of the cage. but they still sleep in the same pouch and i have multiple feeding dishes out for them. what can i do to make them get a long again
Question
Dec 30 2016
09:32:53 AM
Pine Joey Visit Pine's Photo Album 22 Posts
I'm not sure what the best course of action is, but I suggest just giving them some time.

Chances are, since he's about 4 months old now, that he is sexually maturing, so she's probably just telling him to leave her alone. I'm sorry I'm not of much help, but good luck with your Sugar Bears!
Question
Sep 21 2017
05:50:18 PM
Bostonsugar Starting Member 2 Posts
I had the same issue. I had to separate them for a few weeks. I would allow interaction through the cage off and on with supervision. If the female attacks then wait a few hours. Try again. Eventually she will stop being territorial and allow him in. When the behavior is more inquisitive then you know it's getting better. Have a pouch for your male to sleep in outside the cage during this time. Just remember that your girl can hurt your boy at this stage so take your time. You will know when it's safe to let them play together. Just keep in mind when he is mature he will probably chase her around once a month when she is in heat. Neutered or not. They will be fine. Good luck!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion