Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Broken critter nation?
Broken critter nation?
Question
Jan 06 2017
09:04:01 PM
People with critter nation cages!I got mine today to replace the bird cage i had,and i'm kind of bummed about the way it turned out. My dad and i put it together and followed the instructions, but built it without the middle floor. For some reason the doors are wonky and are really ugly. My dad said it isnt squared, do y'all have any suggestions on how to fix this? Im really bummed because i worked 2 jobs over the summer and waited a long time to buy this cage. I already gave the bird cage to my neighbor. Kinda regret spending the 215 on this cage. I love the space but the doors being super uneven just bother me. Any ideas on how to fix this? Will this affect my gliders? I don't believe they can squeeze through...
Question
Jan 07 2017
01:55:39 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I don't have the CN cage, but I believe as long as they lock securely and leave no more than 1/2" spacing, your gliders should be safe inside for now. Hopefully someone familiar with CN cages will see your post soon and be able to help you resolve the issue without having to send it back.

Just a thought that may help though. Many people with the CN cages that have modified them without the middle floor and make-shift a drop tray function have tutorials, maybe trying to google or do search in thread for a tutorial on modifying CN cages.
Question
Jan 07 2017
02:43:39 PM
JLR Glider Visit JLR's Photo Album JLR's Journal Canada 95 Posts
It shouldn't affect the gliders at all. Except on second look it's questionable if the top corner is "latching" like it should, in which case I would be concerned with the door not being secured and having escapes.
I would probably take it back because I would be unhappy that a brand new cage is bent. It loos like possibly the door is bent in but it is hard to tell from the picture, could also not be welded square. On mine the doors nearly touch the frame on the 3 sides and a very small gap between the doors themselves. It seems to be a manufacturing error and since all corners are welded I'm not sure if there could be anything that you could do to fix it on your own

Edited by - JLR on Jan 07 2017 02:51:34 PM
Question
Jan 11 2017
06:39:40 PM
MaekjusMommy Joey Visit MaekjusMommy's Photo Album 45 Posts
My dad fixed it! We contacted the 1800 number and my dad talked to a lady named Pam, she sent us a video on how to fix it. She said its actually really common for things to get bent during packing, shipping, and unpacking. Now it latches and everything aligns just right! We had to take out the whole door frame and basically just bend it into place until both sides were even. I didnt realize how bendable the cages were. Thank you guys! And no worries i read a post from someone on this forum explaining how to make a drop pan out of the middle level with zip ties so my babies don't have to walk around on nastiness.
Broken critter nation?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Broken critter nation?