Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Opinion on diets
Opinion on diets
Food, Diet
Feb 02 2017
11:02:07 AM
My family just purchased 2 gliders on Sunday, and they are currently on BML diet. I am just curious as to what other diets you are using? Is there one that offers more variety, any that you have tried that was not a good fit? Any that are more challenging to follow (financially or ingredient wise)?I know each sugie will be different in likes/dislikes I am just trying to get a feel for what others are doing with theirs. Please not I am not planning to change anything at this time, just researching possible options.
Food, Diet
Feb 02 2017
08:54:34 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I use instant HPW. It's an easy diet, but it might not be the best.

I use to add extra supplements, like calcium to it. They began to turn brown (thier fur) so I stopped and now they are turning back to grey. Thier hips are still brown. I'm not sure if that's because of the diet or if it's still greying.

No matter what diet you choose, follow the instructions.

I hope you have fun with your new suggies :)
Food, Diet
Feb 02 2017
09:56:47 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
I use Original HPW, which is a bit more complex than instant (because it's not instant, lol). You do have to buy the wambaroo powder online, which some people don't like, but you can buy it in bulk (I have one glider so I don't do this, but it's a perk) and some places sell the bee pollen along with it (I like to get them together online, since bee pollen in the stores isn't that big).
For my single glider, I make half the recommended batch and use it for like 3 months. Two gliders would use the whole batch for 3 months.
When looking at the price, I felt like it was a pretty cheap diet. I didn't look up the price of BML.
They do have this diet and all the other diets on Gliderpedia.
I felt HPW gave me more variety with choosing fruits/veggies than BML, and less ingredients, so that's why I chose it. Ordering online doesn't bother me. He loves it
Opinion on diets

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Opinion on diets