Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Would it be better to bring my glider with me?
Question
Feb 23 2017
02:47:39 PM
I'm going to visit my boyfriends parents for the weekend (3 nights friday to monday) and I was wondering if my glider would be better off staying home (I live with my parents so my mom will feed her and ensure she's okay) or coming with me and staying in a pop up dog kennel with her wheel, pouches, etc.

I'm really not sure which would be more stressful and I want to make sure my little girl is as comfortable and happy as possible.

She has never been in a pop up crate before so it would be unfamiliar to her as well as the new environment if I did take her with me.
Question
Feb 23 2017
07:53:14 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
As long as you have someone who can care for them, I'd say leaving them home would be the least stressful. That way she'd be in familiar surroundings with everything that she's already used to. It's only for 3 days so I think she'll do just fine.
Question
Feb 23 2017
11:02:05 PM
Emris Joey 31 Posts
I would usually agree but the few times I've spent more then one night away she's been extremely grumpy and would overgroom the fur above her eyes. I guess I should have included that information.

I bought a pop up dog crate that's 36" x 21.5" x 21.5" and would be able to hang her pouch and cage set inside it, as well as putting her stealth wheel in the bottom of it.
Question
Feb 24 2017
08:47:48 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Sounds like you're prepared either way. You know your glider better than anyone so it's really a decision you'll need to make. Based on your past experience, it sounds like you and your glider will be more content staying together.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders