Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
gliders nails
gliders nails
Health related
Mar 10 2017
10:29:25 PM
so i got an wodent wheel and then a nail trimmer that goes on it but only my 2 month old goes on it it works for her. but my 4 month old glider she dosent want to use it and she is always getiing stuck i dont want to have to hold them because i dont want to scare them and they are not bonded to me yet. how do i cut there nails

Health related
Mar 11 2017
09:21:56 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Wondent Wheels are not recommended for use with gliders. The way gliders use a wheel is not safe with those types of wheel. Please invest in a glider safe wheel from vendors that make them by order, specifically for gliders.

Stealth wheel, Raptor wheel, Custom Cruisers, and Fast Track spinzoneglobal
Health related
Mar 11 2017
09:32:29 AM
Glider questions Joey 29 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by TJones09

Wondent Wheels are not recommended for use with gliders. The way gliders use a wheel is not safe with those types of wheel. Please invest in a glider safe wheel from vendors that make them by order, specifically for gliders.

Stealth wheel, Raptor wheel, Custom Cruisers, and Fast Track spinzoneglobal

i did get a safe one for them i got it from the same website that i got my sugar gliders

Error, missing URL. x
Health related
Mar 11 2017
09:52:18 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Hi!
Sometimes your vet will clip their nails for a few dollars each. That's a good way to get it done until you are comfortable doing it by yourself. There's lots of ways to clip their nails that do not require you to restrain them. If you search this website there have been a few posts that describe in depth how to clip their nails while they happily munch on treats.

I agree with TJones, not to gang up on you

I had a wodent wheel for a while because yes, the websites selling them say they are safe. But further research on other sites unrelated to selling wheels really seemed to suggest they really are not safe.

But even better than that....I LOVE LOVE LOVE my raptor wheels! Besides the whole safety issue, the gliders use them differently and seriously seem to have so much fun! Plus, two can play on them at once. They were a great investment, and I'm just glad I switched.

If I've been gently convincing enough, try searching this site or googling the wodent wheel to see what other folks have said. It's a bit of a controversial topic.

Cheers!
Health related
Mar 11 2017
11:19:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Kferg

Hi!
Sometimes your vet will clip their nails for a few dollars each. That's a good way to get it done until you are comfortable doing it by yourself. There's lots of ways to clip their nails that do not require you to restrain them. If you search this website there have been a few posts that describe in depth how to clip their nails while they happily munch on treats.

I agree with TJones, not to gang up on you

I had a wodent wheel for a while because yes, the websites selling them say they are safe. But further research on other sites unrelated to selling wheels really seemed to suggest they really are not safe.

But even better than that....I LOVE LOVE LOVE my raptor wheels! Besides the whole safety issue, the gliders use them differently and seriously seem to have so much fun! Plus, two can play on them at once. They were a great investment, and I'm just glad I switched.

If I've been gently convincing enough, try searching this site or googling the wodent wheel to see what other folks have said. It's a bit of a controversial topic.

Cheers!

thank you! but i dont know any vets i live in the U.S in New York but i dont know any vets
Health related
Mar 11 2017
11:46:31 AM
I live in New York. There's two within 45 minutes of Albany. Where are you?
Health related
Mar 11 2017
11:50:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Kferg

I live in New York. There's two within 45 minutes of Albany. Where are you?

New York Ossining
Health related
Mar 11 2017
11:58:17 AM
There's a vet in Newburgh. I think it's called West End.
gliders nails

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
gliders nails