Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Self hygiene
Self hygiene
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Mar 29 2017
06:35:09 PM
I have recently adopted two gliders, both of them are 2 months old and im not sure if they were taken from their mother too early and have not figured out proper hygiene yet, they are constantly wet, i am not sure if this is pee or if its cleaning as it does not smell too good. was just wondering if this is a big deal, will they figure out hygiene on their own? Is there anything i can do to help them, other than rubbing them with a warm wet cloth once a day
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Mar 29 2017
09:28:57 PM
NemoNowAndAlways Joey Visit NemoNowAndAlways's Photo Album 21 Posts
If it doesn't smell good, sounds like pee. Even my 1+ year old glider sometimes pees on herself, though it's not constant.

Sorry, I don't have any specific advice, but it does sound like something they'll grow out of.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 02 2017
10:18:14 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
If it smells bad then it is not from cleaning. Urine smells like urine, no matter who's it is. If you don't know what urine smells like or can't really tell if it is urine, I suggest bringing them in to see a vet. If you haven't taken them into the vets yet, you should do this anyway just to make sure they're both healthy!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 03 2017
09:11:49 AM
homank Starting Member USA 9 Posts
I actually have the same problem it seems. I got my 3 gliders two days ago and the breeder warned me that they pee'ed on each other. I figured it was just a one off thing due to being transferred or something. But they still seem a little wet and smelly. Should this issue resolve itself? Should I somehow clean them?

Thanks,
Keith
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 03 2017
12:03:32 PM
Emris Joey 31 Posts
That isn't a normal behavior if your gliders aren't keeping themselves clean it could indicate a problem. Id take them both to the vet to make sure they aren't having some kind of urinary tract issues personally.

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 21 2017
08:28:25 PM
cloud4571 Starting Member Visit cloud4571's Photo Album 9 Posts
Happens when there scared of coming out of there pouch try keeping a sheet over there cage or keeping the lights off.
I have 6 gliders as soon as I started putting a sheet over there cage they stoped peein g in there pouch
Self hygiene

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Self hygiene