Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Sugar Glider Bonding
Sugar Glider Bonding
Information
Apr 19 2017
02:40:39 PM
Hey All! My sugar glider babies are now about a year old. I have done everything trying to bond with them. I did a bonding pouch with them when they were little, I put them in my shirt for about an hour every day, and I feed them treats whenever I can. The girl seems to be bonding better with me than the boy is. The boy just crabs at me all the time. They also bite like a mother effer! I'm not sure what else to try. Any tips to get my babies bonded to me?
Information
Apr 19 2017
03:06:34 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
Try holding them for more than an hour everyday. I bond with mine relatively quickly because I spend A LOT of time with them. I usually have them in my shirt for 2-12 hours a day, most days. I also try to play with them while they're awake.

Back in November I had twins come oop. A little boy named Tiny and a little girl named Quinn. Before their eyes were even open they were crabby and tried to bite. Quinn was the worst out of the two. My sister got Tiny and I got Quinn. Once she was weaned I began holding her all the time. My sister on the other hand didn't have as much time to hold Tiny. Tiny still crabs and bites. Quinn is a sweet heart who rarely crabs.

What I'm trying to say is that there is still hope. Just hold them more and hopefully they'll stop crabbing and biting. I'm not guaranteeing this will work because every glider is different. I'm just saying it worked for me on all four of my gliders. Hopefully it'll work for you.
Information
Apr 19 2017
04:57:47 PM
BennyNace Glider Visit BennyNace's Photo Album 100 Posts
I agree, you definitely should try spending more time with them. There's usually at least one glider with me all the time. If youre doing things around the house just let them hang out with you. Do you give them meal worms? Meal worms are my number one go to for bribery.
Sugar Glider Bonding

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Sugar Glider Bonding