Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider has stinky breath
Glider has stinky breath
Health related
Apr 25 2017
05:37:03 PM
A few weeks ago I noticed a large amount of plaque on my gliders teeth, it came off and didn't seem to be much of a problem after I provided her with some euc chew sticks. Today I was petting her while she was asleep and decided to look at her teeth and I noticed an odd smell that reminded my of my dog's breath when he was older. Has anyone else experienced this? I plan on taking her to the vet to get her teeth looked at, but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed their glider having bad breath.

She is currently on the BML diet but for the first 5 or 6 years of her life before I got her she was on a non staple diet along with pellets. Could it be that the pellets damaged her teeth and now one is rotten?
Health related
May 03 2017
06:39:48 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Sorry you haven't received any replies yet (unless someone replied on another thread). Have you taken your glider to the vet yet? They'd probably be the best ones to address this issue. One thing I will say is that pellets aren't the best diet for gliders, as you probably know. It's great that you have her on the BML diet now
Glider has stinky breath

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider has stinky breath