Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Need some advice on what to do with a sugar glider
Question
May 04 2017
02:28:44 PM
About a month or two ago I took in a glider from a friend. He is 7-8 months old. I did this because the poor thing was stuck in a tiny cage all alone. He began over grooming and is bald above the eyes. His diet was just a smoothy. He had a fear of hands and avoided people. Even though I'm not the best owner I figured he could still have a better life with me instead of my friend.

I put him in my spare cage (good sized for one maybe two gliders and still bigger than his original cage). I put him on a legit diet. And now he has toys and a wheel. His fear of hands isn't as bad and he actually tries to jump on me when I open the cage door.

My problem is that I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm graduating high school and will be starting college soon and only have time for my three. I'm#8203; not exactly sure what to do with him.

My plan is to sell him, but how will I know he'll have a good life? Should I sell him alone to a person who already has gliders or introduce him to another glider and then sell them as a pair?

I'm not trying to make a profit off of him. I just want to find him a good home so he can actually have a good life.

I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions.
Question
May 04 2017
06:25:43 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I would try your best to find a home that has gliders already. He may be introduced to another glider or more or they'll be able to find a cage mate for him. It's important to find someone who understands the glider's needs and has experience or at least doing research to get started into the glider as a pet. It's very hard to part with animals and not be 100% sure of their welfare.
Question
May 06 2017
04:23:16 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
Thank you
Question
May 08 2017
08:35:08 PM
Jenny2017 Joey Visit Jenny2017's Photo Album 10 Posts
Is it an option to neuter him and introduce him to your 3 when he's bigger and a little older? It would take a while, though. I can see the difficulty.

Also, some breeders have adoption questionnaires on their websites. You could look at them to get ideas of what to ask potential families.

Best of Luck!
Question
May 09 2017
03:07:21 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I.like the questionnaire idea.

I can't put him with my cage of three for multiple reasons. 1) I was hoping to keep it at three. 2) there might be a change my female has Joeys in pouch.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders