Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
what to do in case of choking?
Question
May 15 2017
10:34:18 PM
this has been a question that has been on my mind for months, what do you do in case one of your suggies choke? is there anything you can do to help them?
thankfully this has never happened to me, but you never know when something bad could happen.. also i m just really curious!
Question
May 21 2017
12:13:14 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I certainly don't want to give you inaccurate information so I started searching through the archives to see if others had posted on this subject. In fact, pretty recently, someone was dealing with this very issue. I've heard you can actually do cpr on a glider....hard to believe since they're so tiny (even drawing blood requires anesthesia). The best thing we can all do is practice prevention. One thing I used to do is let my glider run loose in the house. But even with my best efforts of glider proofing, there's so much they can get into (ingesting something or getting hurt). So now playtime is limited to a tent. I also check their toys to make sure there aren't any loose parts. And I cut up their food pretty small, even though they're very capable of chewing with those sharp teeth of theirs

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders