Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
my sugar glider is biting, not out of fear but excitement
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 31 2017
01:43:36 PM
i've had my sugar glider for a little while now and it seems as though when I take her in my tent for play she runs all around me all over me and is very hyperactive . This is fine and exciting but then sometimes she bites me and I don't believe it's because of fear because I'm not moving but I think she just gets really excited she is young so it may be because of that but I haven't read anything about biting out of excitement only fear?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 31 2017
02:21:27 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
How old is she? Young gliders discover the world through their teeth, like a toddler would...
Some of my gliders also sometimes bite out of nowhere, but it seems to be more attention seeking...
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 31 2017
02:22:39 PM
Nyxthesuggie Starting Member 3 Posts
She was 6-7 weeks when I first got her and now it's been about a month so she is still young!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 31 2017
08:55:49 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
She most likely is a nippy stage. All of my gliders have been older, so I don't have first hand experience with joeys and adolesence gliders. My Ollie, who was approximately 4 yrs old when I homed him was very nippy, out of nowhere it seemed. He wasn't biting any blood drawling bites, but still hurt. He's calmed down now and does this less frequently it seems, maybe because he's more settled with me. My girls were around a year old when I homed them, they were my first, Skadoosh would just give a little warning nip if she didn't like something, Lulu was fierce, a fear biter, but she's more like Skadoosh now, rarely biting and only warning nip for the most part.

Another factor for biting is a scent you may be using, such as soap, washes, or lotions.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
May 31 2017
08:59:52 PM
Nyxthesuggie Starting Member 3 Posts
she has drawn blood several times! It hurts like hell! But I say no in a stern voice and she just stops but when she bites she looks almost like a dog with a rope aggressive but at the same time I just do not get that aggressive feeling from her, odd and confusing, I know sorry!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders