Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Dried Fruit?
Dried Fruit?
Food, Diet
Jun 02 2017
10:56:46 AM
I have two female gliders, Lulu and Lily. I feed them both fresh fruits and vegetables everyday, but something that I have noticed is that they start to smell. Although I only leave it in their cage over night I am extra sensitive to smell and the fresh fruits and veggies tend to leave a fowl odor after just a couple of hours. My question is, am I able to replace the fresh fruits and veggies with dried ones? I usually fill their bowl with fresh fruits and vegetables, but am I able to give them less fresh fruits and more dried ones?

Thanks for the help!
Amanda
Food, Diet
Jun 03 2017
08:40:27 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
For the most part, sugar gliders get a large portion of their fluid intake from fresh fruit and vegetables, and along with the staple while getting nutrients. If you switched to mostly dried, they would drink more water and lose out on needed nutrients found in the fresh fruit and vegetables. Some dried fruit can be offered as a treat if they enjoy them. Personally, I strongly don't recommend offering more dried than fresh.

BTW, my oldest girl is named Lulu also. Lol.
Food, Diet
Jun 05 2017
09:17:19 AM
Amanda212 Starting Member 9 Posts
That makes sense. Thank you so much for your response! And Lulu is a great name #128522;
Food, Diet
Jun 05 2017
06:19:00 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
You are welcome. Yes, my Lulu's name suits her well
Dried Fruit?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Dried Fruit?