Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Feeding
Feeding
Food, Diet
Jun 26 2017
09:21:53 PM
My glider is a loner only have 1 he is about 2-3 yrs my question is should there be left over food the next day he seems to be eating everything I give him and sometimes he starts to bark mid way through the day looking for treats is it because he isnt getting enough food at night.

thank you
Food, Diet
Jun 27 2017
12:30:00 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
It depends on the glider. Sometimes they eat everything that's left for them and other times there's food left over. I give my glider the recommended serving of HPW along with a TBS each of fruits and veggies. There's usually a little leftover in the morning. I leave Pet-Pro Happy Glider pellets out for her during the day in case she gets hungry. As long as he's eating well you should be ok. I have a single glider as well and since most people agree that gliders do better with at least one companion, I'm constantly spending time with her and I'm also on the look out for signs of depression, overgrooming, and loneliness. Barking can sometimes mean they're startled or calling out to other gliders. It could be he's barking for attention. Occasionally I hear my glider barking so I try to reassure her that I'm there. I don't think she's barking because she's hungry because there's usually food available when it happens.
Food, Diet
Jun 27 2017
02:27:30 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I have multiple gliders and they also bark for food. If I don't feed them before they wake up they will bark until there is food. They will also bark at night at times when they want to play outside of the cage.

Some days they eat all of there food. Other days they barely touch it. As long as he isn't too skinny or fat you should be fine.

Since he is alone watch for over grooming, boredom, and depression. A depressed or bored glider won't be very playful, they may become destructive, or they will do the same thing over and over again. For example they may climb to the top of the cage and jump to the bottom and repeat many times in a row.
Feeding

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Feeding