GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diy cage ideas?
Diy cage ideas?
Question
Jun 27 2017
06:40:31 AM
Hi!
So, I have two sugar gliders. When my mom originally got their cage, which is a luxury ferret cage, she got it by the minimum back then. (. Is there a minimum? I'm not sure what you call that here) anyway, it's small. Maybe like, 3 or 4 ft tall and two feet wide by like 4 feet long? I think so. Anyway, I decided that I could make a cage out of closet racks, like the one somebody made for chinchillas. Except money is kinda tight. So What do you think? I've searched, and I just would like to see what you guys think. What should I do and any ideas?
Question
Jul 01 2017
09:27:07 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I wish I had some ideas for DIY cages but I'm afraid I don't. I've never been ambitious enough to try this and frankly I'd be concerned about materials (for instance, are they safe, non toxic, glider proof, etc.). Also, if you use wood at all it can absorb odors that are difficult if not impossible to get rid of. If you are concerned about cage size, I think you should be ok with your current one, as long as the space between bars is no more than 1/2 inch. While it's best the get the largest size cage you can afford and have room for, the minimum for 2 gliders is 24" x 24" x 36" tall. Sounds like the cage you have now is bigger than that which is good. You could continue to use it while you save up for a new/bigger one. If you decide to go ahead and make your own, I'm sure there are people here who can provide very helpful advice and suggestions. Best of luck to you!
Diy cage ideas?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diy cage ideas?