Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
found out my ferrets have ear mites--are my gliders at risk?
Health related
Jun 29 2017
11:46:32 AM
i went to my vet today to check up on one of my ferrets and found out that she has ear mites. which means ALL my ferrets have ear mites. bummer!

but i mostly panicked when i realized, could this mean my gliders have them too?

when i asked my vet she tried to reassure me by saying as long as they don't share the same habitat and bedding, it would be a long shot to say my gliders have it as well.

she also told me that she'd rarely diagnosed ear mites in gliders in general and that ferret mites most likely wouldn't be interested in gliders? not sure how much this is true, though.

i want to believe her but i also wanted to check up on this with some extra opinions because i don't want to treat my ferrets but leave the gliders untouched as that's just cruel; not to mention re-contamination for the ferrets as well which means this $500 endeavor would all be for nothing.

i'm freaking out a little bit so any advice would be appreciated
Health related
Jul 01 2017
12:40:50 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I don't think you have anything to worry about but if I were you I would probably get them checked out by an exotic vet anyway, just to be sure and for peace of mind.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders