Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Best diet to move off pellets?
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2017
06:14:00 PM
I am the new owner of 2 new sugar gliders. Their breeder fed them glide r chow along with mealworms and some fresh fruit and veggies. So I know there is a lot of talk about how bad pellet diets are, so my question is do I get rid of the pellet diet (probably yes) and what are some of the simplest diets that would be better to move them too, and do they also keep down on the odor? Thanks for the help!
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2017
06:57:55 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Glider Chow isn't a bad diet if you also serve the Glider Gravy. I found Pocket Pets to be very expensive with their shipping and handling. I switched to Original High Protein Wombaroo(OHPW)from The Pampered Glider. The Wombaroo is the same thing as Glider Gravy and Critter Love.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2017
09:18:10 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I also made the switch from glide r chow. I've been very happy with Critter Love and haven't noticed any odor. HPW and BML are two very reputable diets and pretty straightforward. I haven't given up pellets completely though. I like to leave Pet Pro Happy Glider pellets in the cage during the day. It's a better quality pellet and my glider loves to snack on them.
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2017
11:22:37 AM
kr0490 Starting Member Visit kr0490's Photo Album 4 Posts
How to you feel about exotic nutrition glider complete pellets with their instant hpw mix?
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2017
05:51:09 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I've had two gliders and used to feed them pellets from Exotic Nutrition. One glider loved them, the other wouldn't touch them. I always thought EN foods were good quality but a lot of people here say their food is not very nutritionally sound. The Happy Glider pellets were an instant hit. And if you contact Pet-Pro they will send you samples so you can try them out before buying.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders