Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
CALCIUM DEFICIENCY
CALCIUM DEFICIENCY
Question
Jul 26 2017
05:24:54 AM
my lil fella is 13months ,Male ,named FURY.
two days ago FURY has been experiencing seizures and spasms.
i took him to vet and according to the vet, its a calcium deficiency case. the vet didnt perform any scanning or blood testing , mere visual checking.
The vet told me that ,usually in this case, suggies have only 50/50 chances of living.
The vet prescribe FURY a calcium supplement( PINK LIQUID ) and a painkiller. The vet said, if FURY can recover from this, he should show improvement in 5 days.
well, its been day 2, Fury do get stronger and starting to have solid again but he still cant move, i have to spoon feed him . The vet also told me to feed him with yogurt and soy milk.
now my question is, what to do next?
if Fury survive, will the symptoms remain, can he move or climb like before?(well, from hours and hours of research online, it all lean to the negative sides ,)
what do i have to change? the diet, cage or any routine to follow?

pls help, pardon my language.
Question
Aug 01 2017
02:53:08 AM
Peonia Joey Visit Peonia's Photo Album 22 Posts
Hello! That is so horrible! Im very sorry for what happened to your glider :(
But what was furry's diet before? Did they have signs of hissing when they poop or got squeaky suddenly a bit? Or used to shake alot before?
Question
Aug 02 2017
10:22:50 AM
Lil.shuggies Starting Member 1 Posts
I'm so sorry! About 6 years ago one of my sugar gliders was going through the same thing. I got them from an owner not giving them a proper diet. I'm sad to say that she's never been able to Glide or climb quite the same again, even with the miraculous recovery she had.she has a slightly paralyzed leg but it doesn't bother her and she can still function and play. Just keep giving your glider love and keep him in your prayers!

P.s if he is able to make a recovery and is showing that he is going to survive, after he heals from this incident do a little bit of training with him to get his strength back. Just play with him and give him the option of exercise (like a wheel), make sure they always have a big cage so they can glide if they choose. Let him run around in a safe area with your supervision. Doing this will hopefully help your glider become the happy little fella he's meant to be.
CALCIUM DEFICIENCY

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
CALCIUM DEFICIENCY