GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Did I mess up my first batch of TPG?
Food, Diet
Sep 02 2017
01:24:14 PM
Hey guys,

When I adopted Nimbus the rescue gave me the Exotic Nutrition Instant HPW. I decided to switch him over to a homemade diet and tried making my first batch of TPG last night. However, I made a silly mistake and am worried I messed it up. I totally forgot that I would be putting applesauce in at a later step and made apple one of my four fruits! Do you think this batch now doesn't have enough variance or is just too apple-y?

For reference, here's what I put in. I cut the recipe in half as I currently only have one glider.

1 cup of fruit: raspberries, banana, orange, apple (1/4 cup each)
1 cup of veggies: kale, baby spinach, sweet potato, baby carrot, a little squash
16 ounces of unsweetened Mott's applesauce
4 ounces of Dannon plain yogurt
3 tablespoons of calcium fortified oj concentrate
3-4 ounces of cooked, skinless chicken breast tenderloin
3 tablespoons of plain uncooked oatmeal
Food, Diet
Sep 02 2017
02:49:02 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
You can use it, the variance is good enough providing you change fruits and veggies at each different batch (I used to do 2 different batches at once in order to alternate between days).
On a side note, it is important to remember that TPG diet is designed to work only with TPG vitamin supplement and should not be used for a long time without those.
Food, Diet
Sep 02 2017
03:16:41 PM
ajmckay Starting Member Visit ajmckay's Photo Album 5 Posts
Thanks for the response! I have the TPG vitamins on the way and will not be switching from the Instant HPW until they get here :)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders