Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
Gliders Rejecting food - Exotic Nutrition brand - help?
Question
Sep 22 2017
12:57:13 PM
Hey guys,

I am completely new to this site. I have two gliders and I purchased glider complete from Exotic Nutrition, 5lb. bag. The gliders want absolutely nothing to do with the food and I've tried all the tricks I can think of.

Has anyone used Exotic Nutrition foods?

It has been 7 days now since I have offered the food, I have tried adding honey on the food, I have tried adding juice on the food.. I have tried hand feeding them pieces of the food with a little yogurt on it. I have tried everything.

The female was already eating Exotic Nutrition when I adopted her but it was the "Bugs and Berries" kind.

The male I adopted from a different person and he was eating some unknown brand that I could never figure out where she obtained it from. The male never liked the bugs and berries brand he does not seem to like bugs at all. I tried to go with the complete brand since there are no bugs in it and its still from the same company. I was hoping i could find a mutual food that both gliders could agree with.

With hurricane Irma things were hectic in Florida, therefore I didn't have any left over food to transition the process. By the time their new food shipment came in, it was just in time as I just ran out of the old food supply. either way, they hate this food.

Has anyone had a certain flavor of success with Exotic Nutrition or what store are you shopping at for your gliders food? if you make your own food let me know your recipe as well. Happy to hear everyone's experiences.

Please be nice in your responses, I appreciate it.

Question
Sep 22 2017
02:49:08 PM
MSSHA Joey 29 Posts
There are quite a few well known diets in the USA like the BML, HPW and the Priscilla Price diet. Sugar gliders don't usually like pellet-type food (ours didn't when we gave them a bit to try) and it isn't considered that nutritious. We gave our sugar gliders boiled chicken (with a bit of coconut oil) and scrambled eggs with small fresh chopped pieces of fruit and veg at first and then moved onto a blended diet with vitamins from Exotic Nutrition we found online, the SGS2 diet. Hope that helped a bit!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion